Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Dream Home

I've been in love with architecture since I was 7. I've always doodled and have pages and pages covered with drawings of houses and floor plans. Recently I've had a resurgence of inspiration in house design and have designed my dream house. Its a compilation of many styles and designs I've done over the years and I love it. I guess I first made the design last year for interior design in Highschool, but it was not finished completely and had some spacing issues. The past couple of weeks, I've had this urge to draw and create and have taken the high school floor plan and made it , in my opinion, near perfect. I have spent probably 5 hours just drawing and re-drawing the floor plans, which doesn't sound like a lot, but when taking into consideration I have a tests , papers and other things that I need to be doing, it's been a good chunk of time. I wan't to post some pictures on my blog, since I never had and see what people think. I've shown them to a couple of people and their feedback was pretty good. The one person that I was most glad liked it was Caitlin Leger. She's going to be a future interior designer, and has a love for it, so I was worried she would think my design was lacking, but she had a great response and it made me very happy. I'm glad Caitlin liked it and I'm excited to get more input from her and have her help me design it. Pictures shall be coming! When I figure out how the heck you put them up.

2 comments:

  1. Your house plans were INCREDIBLE! I really was very impressed, you have a very natural talent with architecture! I really think it'd be so fun to design each room together :) we should! ha okay! the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. I was very touched my this post. Was I supposed to be touched by this one?

    ReplyDelete