Saturday, November 6, 2010

Elder Jacob Cardinal, You Have Been Called To Serve....

I'm very anxious right now. In possibly two weeks I'll know where I'm going to be living and serving for the next two years of my life! It's a huge deal , not only because it's going to be occupying two years of my life, but because it will shape so much of who I am as an adult. Men and women in the church who have served mission refer to them often in talks and just when giving advice. I'm eager to finally have that experience in my life. An experience that will have such a lasting impact on who I'am and what I do with my life. Even more than ever I want to serve in Russia, or least a Russian speaking mission. I've been researching the siege of Leningrad ( St. Petersburg) for my Writing class and it has given me an even greater desire to serve amongst the Russian people. It's something I've always wanted and this research project has only strengthened that desire. If it be the Lord's will , then it will happen, but even if I get called to Moscow Idaho, instead of the real Moscow, I'll will eagerly serve the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT YOUR CALL!! it is going to be so neat to find out where your going because it will affect so much of the rest of your life! You will be an incredible missionary and i'm way proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to finding out where you will go Jacob. You will be a great missionary!

    ReplyDelete